Position: Bloomfield-Garfield Corporation Afterschool Site Coordinator Pittsburgh learns afterschool program
Compensation: $13-$15/hour, varies with experience
Location: Fort Pitt ALA Elementary- garfield
This position will implement age and grade appropriate Language Arts and Math lessons for kindergarten through second grade students. In addition, the coordinator will work in partnership with the Family Resources BJWL K-5 in all activities related to the afterschool program.
The Coordinator will ensure successful implementation of all objectives and ensure that outcomes are achieved and reported back in a timely manner. This will require staff, among other duties, to collect and be accountable for daily, weekly, quarterly, and yearly student data.
Send a reply cover letter and resume to Rflanag@aol.com to apply.
- Supervise staff, ensuring appropriate practices in child guidance, supervision and teaching
- Implement afterschool lessons plans aligned with school day; remediate identified needs
- Develop/maintain relations with school principal/teachers; Ensure continuity between school and program
- Develop/implement weekly program schedule, including enrichment activities
- Monitor and report on overall program performance
- Play an active role in promoting parental engagement
- Maintain database of student information
- Comply with 21st Century guidelines through record reporting
- Track daily attendance
- Collect student report cards and standardized assessments from school district
- Attend Advisory Committee meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field preferred
- Teaching experience
- Act 33, 34 and FBI clearances (or ability to obtain them)
- Technology skills
- Willingness to work during after school hours
- Must be available – Monday through Friday after school for programming
- Commitment – 25 hours per week