Title: Community LEARNS Program Director
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Status: Full Time
Closing Date: February 4, 2011
Salary Range: $45,000 – $53,000
Community LEARNS Program Overview
Community LEARNS is an afterschool program with a strong academic focus serving principally lower income and African American students. The main program is offered at Pittsburgh Peabody and includes numerous program components that need to be coordinated to ensure students have the greatest opportunity to have school success including graduation and Promise readiness.
The incumbent coordinates all of the initiatives and services of the Community LEARNS program, working collaboratively with Community LEARNS community, faith, and school partners to plan and administer program services and ensure that all program outcomes are achieved in a timely manner.
- Oversees the implementation of the all Wireless Neighborhoods afterschool grants.
- Ensures all process and program outcomes are being accomplished
- Manages all components of the Community LEARNS programs including academics/tutoring, college preparation, recreation, and employment.
- Develops all program components and initiatives.
- Assists Executive leadership team with the development of all program proposals.
- Creates strong working relationship with school principals and other relevant staff, parents and community partners.
- Recommends staff to be hired for Community LEARNS.
- Manage the orientation of all new staff and the ongoing development of all program staff
- Supervises all program staff.
- Monitors student enrollment and participation rates and works with staff to take appropriate corrective actions when necessary.
- Monitors and adjusts overall staffing of program sites/services.
- Develops and monitors mechanisms for tracking all program outcome data.
- Develops all program and funder reports.
- Creates weekly participant and staff schedules with input from coordinators and monitors the daily staff schedules that are created.
- Monitors program documentation/data for all sites, including but not limited to individual participant files, registration and release forms, participant Education and Career Success Plans (ECS’s), service documentation, daily participant sign-in and sign-out sheets, monthly attendance spreadsheets, weekly reports, monthly reports, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Oversees the development of all student Academic Service Plans (ASPs) and ensures that all participants are participating in appropriate program components.
- Regularly collects data from school on attendance, grades, standardized test scores, disciplinary actions, etc. to connect youth to the appropriate afterschool academic services. Develops and maintains a long-term tracking system for the data.
- Works with school counselors, Community LEARNS staff and other community partners to ensure that students are receiving the most appropriate set of afterschool academic and support services.
- Documents the program model so that it can be shared with other organizations seeking to serve high school and middle school students.
- Performs any and all other duties assigned for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Education, Public Administration or a related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- At least 3 years of program management experience
- Criminal, Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprint Clearances
- A valid PA drivers license and functioning vehicle
The incumbent generally performs the duties of the position at a desk or workstation. He/she will have extensive direct contact with clients and will spend some time out of the office. Extensive communication with other agencies, school personnel and employers is necessary. The position involves using a computer, modem, copy machine, telephone, and periodic automobile transportation will be necessary. The position involves working with highly confidential information.