Title: BGC Pittsburgh CONNECTS Project Coordinator
Reports to: Bloomfield Garfield Corporation Youth Development Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Status: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 – $34,000
Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume to Rflanag@aol.com
Overview and Position Goals
The mission of the Pittsburgh Connects program and the Project Coordinator is to promote awareness, knowledge, and usage of computers/technology among residents of Garfield and surrounding neighborhoods. The Project Coordinator coordinates all of the initiatives and services of the BGC Pittsburgh CONNECTS program, working collaboratively with diverse but complementary Pittsburgh CONNECTS’ anchor institutions, and community, faith, government and school partners to plan, market and recruit for, and administer program services at the 5321 Penn Avenue lab location and community partner sites. Ensures that all participants are served appropriately and all key program outcomes are achieved in a timely and fast paced manner.
The ideal candidate will be one whom can coordinate all of the initiatives and services of the Pittsburgh CONNECTS program. They will work collaboratively with Pittsburgh CONNECTS’ anchor institutions, diverse and vulnerable populations and in a highly coordinated approach. Key skills and past experience in helping to plan, market and recruit for, and fully administer all key program services is essential. Ensure that all participant and program outcomes related to awareness, knowledge, and usages of computers are achieved.
Develop and manage the BGC Pittsburgh CONNECTS Lab and online training content to ensure engaging, fun, and informative lessons and workshops that address education, employment, and health and wellness. Ensure the ongoing quality improvement and development of such content and collect and use customer feedback for improvements, measuring needs and satisfaction.
- Conduct trainings and implement programs that focus on the core mission of Pittsburgh CONNECTS.
- Manages the lab space and all off site technology activity, including overseeing the preparation of PCs for recruited workshop attendees, system integrity, and broadband connectivity.
- Recommends staff to be hired for Pittsburgh CONNECTS and manages the orientation and staff scheduling of all new staff and site based volunteers.
- Manages the development, utilization, and continuous improvement of: monthly training schedules, the full utilization of all broadband equipment and resources, lessons and workshops.
- Keeps an updated and online staff “how-to” manual on standard operating procedures and lesson plans, maintain sign-in and sign-out procedures.
- Lead and or assist in the recruitment of volunteers and subject matter expert presenters.
- Recruits and markets extensively within the community, and is able to do direct outreach to collaborating partners.
- Creates signage, lists, and related end-user tools that direct staff, volunteers, and PC users to Internet sites that contain quality online content.
- Creates and maintains a welcoming environment at the Lab that draws participants in.
- Monitors enrollment and participation rates and works with staff to take appropriate corrective actions when necessary.
- Develops all program and funder reports and assists in grants and proposals seeking funding.
- Performs any and all other duties assigned for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- B.A. in a related discipline or considerable documented and proven experience
- At least 2 years of related program development and management experience
- Criminal, Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprint Clearances
- A valid PA drivers license and functioning vehicle
- Past experience managing staff and engaging community
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to develop high quality marketing materials
- Motivated and driven by a desire to have residents in Garfield and surrounding neighborhoods better their lives through the enhance utilization of technology
The incumbent generally performs the duties of the position at a computer lab location or in the surrounding community. He/she will have extensive direct contact with clients and will spend substantial time out of the office. Extensive communication with other agencies and anchor institution partners is necessary. The position involves using a computer, modem, adding machine, copy machine, telephone and facsimile and periodic automobile transportation will be necessary. The position involves working with highly confidential information.