Wireless Neighborhoods has part-time positions available for tutors of 9th – 12th grade youths who are voluntarily participating in afterschool program. Duties includes math and literacy tutoring and homework help. Tutoring and academic credit recovery software utilized, training provided. Tutoring offered to students between 2:30 – 5 p.m. and/or 6 – 7:30 p.m. Mondays – Thursdays, and 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on Saturdays. These positions pay $15/ hour and are approximately 10-15 hours a week.
Under the Wireless Neighborhoods model, community and faith organizations collaborate with each other and with their neighborhood schools to deliver traditional and technology supported afterschool curricula that is aligned with state and
Ideal candidates for all positions will:
· Have an education degree or will be currently pursuing an one, preferred
· Be content area experts,
· Have a history of teaching/tutoring
· Want to work with urban children to help them realize their potential, raise their GPA’s, and increase their math and literacy standardized test scores.
· Have previous experience leading groups
· Have some experience preparing and delivering academic lessons, preferred
Requirements for all positions:
· Act 33/34 clearances (or ability to obtain them)
· Participation in continuous professional development opportunities, some of which fall on evenings or weekends, throughout the year.
To apply to position, please e-mail a resume and cover letter to: