FULL TIME OPEN POSITION
Employment Outreach Coordinator
EASTSIDE NEIGHBORHOOD EMPLOYMENT CENTER
Pittsburgh CONNECTS, 5321 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15224 – 412-362-8580
Title: Employment Outreach Assciate
Reports to: Managing Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Status: Full-time
Salary: $30,000 to $34,000
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Rflanag@aol.com.
Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center (ENEC) serves as a regional resource center for job seekers that primarily reside or work in the Garfield, East Liberty and Lawrenceville communities, and manages the employment component of the Garfield Pittsburgh CONNECTS Computer Lab. Pittsburgh CONNECTS serves to expand broadband access across Pittsburgh, and has a four-fold focus on technology, health, education, and employment. Both ENEC and Pittsburgh CONNECTS labs host multiple programs each month, and operate as drop-in centers for the community. On average over 250 people utilize our services each month.
The Employment Outreach Coordinator role is a dynamic and diverse position providing support for the ENEC to implement the employment component of the Pittsburgh CONNECTS lab. Working primarily in the ENEC employment lab, the associate will assist clients with computer use and employment resources. Additionally, this position includes managing and organizing recruitment and marketing efforts for each of the initiatives. In participation with the East End Works, the associate will also assist clients in three satellite employment/tech center sites located in the Pittsburgh area. Recruitment efforts include both social media and outreach work in the community.
The Employment Outreach Associate must be a highly motivated, independent person who has a passion for community engagement, the will to push an agenda, and the expertise to effectively perform this multi-faceted position. The associate will be responsible for the following:
• Manage recruiting and marketing campaigns for ENEC and Lab events and classes, including planning and developing recruitment strategies in the community.
• Provide daily assistance with clients utilizing the drop-in lab around employment resources and computer literacy;
• Assist clients with resume building, online job search and online applications
• Network with regional leaders and local businesses to secure new employment opportunities
• Utilize and update our powerful database system for clients and employers ;
• Performs any and all other duties assigned for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
What it takes to be a Community Outreach Associate:
• Must have at least a bachelor’s degree and be comfortable using computer and internet technology; experience with marketing preferred;
• Proven experience with grassroots organizing and recruitment preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with ever shifting priorities.
• Excellent writing skills, highly organized, and the ability to easily maintain paper and electronic files;
• Strong listening and verbal communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and a customer service background;
• 3-5 years experience in social services or employment services;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); Strong internet navigation skills;
• Current (or ability to quickly receive) Act 33/34 clearances
• Valid Driver’s License and proof of car insurance.
The incumbent will perform the duties of the position in the employment/computer lab and in the greater Pittsburgh community. He/she will have extensive direct contact with clients and will spend a large percentage of their time out of the office. Extensive communication with other agencies and employers is necessary. The position involves using a computer, modem, social media, copy machine, telephone, and periodic automobile transportation will be necessary. The position involves working with highly confidential information.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks that are within their abilities other than those specifically presented in this document.
Any data entered in completion of this form represents the usual method of accomplishing the duties in this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered in appropriate circumstances. However, as the nature of an accommodation may vary depending on the needs and desire of an individual with a disability, it is impossible to describe in advance, specific accommodations that will be considered.