Position: 206 PROGRAM Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Part-Time (25-30 hours/week)
Posting Date: March 18, 2008
Closing Date: April 1, 2008
This staff person will coordinate all aspects of the 206 project. This project, titled 206 for the East Liberty and Larimer zip code, is designed to support a cohort of youth who develop and design communication tools in a variety of mediums that could include written word, art, photography, video, and audio that inform East End youth and families about the abundance of positive youth opportunities that exist in the East Liberty, Garfield and Larimer neighborhoods.
· Recruit and supervise 10 Peabody High school students for the 206 project
· Assist students in the development, creation, and dissemination of the 206 communication tool(s) and the procurement of sponsorship and advertising revenue to support 206 as a sustainable endeavor
· Collaborate with Community LEARNS staff to ensure 206 students fully participate in the educational component of the Community LEARNS high school program
· Regularly collect, compile and report student and program data
· Collaborate with the 206 advisory board to ensure full implementation of the 206 project
· Recruit and contract project consultants to provide training and technical support in the areas needed to make the 206 project successful. These may include writing, design, entrepreneurship, organizing and other areas as defined by the youth and the advisory committee to prepare young people to make 206 successful.
· Experience leading high school youth in project-based learning opportunities, with particular emphasis in the visual arts and technology
· Strong technology skills including working knowledge of various modes of online communication including blogs and myspace.
· Experience working with urban high school youth and high expectations for their abilities, creativity, and intellect
· Some post-secondary school, Bachelor's Degree preferred
· Willingness to work during afterschool and weekend hours
· A Valid driver's license
· Act 33/34 clearances
To apply, e-mail resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.